What rights should children have?
Starting today and running through Dec. 3, all ChildFund followers on Twitter are invited to tweet about a specific right that children require for healthy development.
Each tweet must include the hashtag #childfundcac (change a childhood), and all tweeters must be followers of ChildFund International in order for their tweets to be counted.
Participants may tweet as often as they like, but each tweet must be original.
• Every child has the right to an education. #childfundcac
• A child should never be forced into exploitative labor. #childfundcac
• Girls have the same rights as boys. #childfundcac
• Children have the right to healthcare. #childfundcac
• Children have a right to express their views and be taken seriously. #childfundcac
World leaders who ratified the Convention agree that all children have the right to
• develop to their fullest
• protection from harmful influences, abuse and exploitation
• participate fully in family, cultural and social life.
The Convention has brought into sharp focus the fundamental human dignity of all children and the urgency of ensuring their well-being and development.
ChildFund International works in 31 countries worldwide to help communities uphold the rights of the child and ensure that children can grow and thrive. The Convention is an important legal instrument for our work. It sets an unprecedented global vision and standard for children’s lives worldwide.
Rules – You Gotta Have ’Em
• Multiple original tweets are encouraged from 8 a.m. (EST) Nov. 20 through 11:59 p.m. (EST) Dec. 3.
• An internal panel of judges at ChildFund International selects the top five tweets.
• On Dec. 7 and 8, the top-five tweets will be announced at 8 a.m., noon and 4 p.m. (EST) on ChildFund’s Twitter site, and once per day on Facebook.
• All Twitter followers will be invited to vote on the top-five finalists by simply retweeting their favorite(s). (Hint: spread the word.)
• The retweeting window closes at 4:59 p.m. on Dec. 11 (EST).
• From among the finalists, the two tweets receiving the highest number of retweets (as tracked by the hashtag #childfundcac) will be officially announced on Twitter on Dec. 16.
• Each will receive a ChildFund gift and the gratitude of excluded and vulnerable children around the world.