by Lee Steinour, ChildFund Communications Coordinator
To celebrate Mother’s Day, ChildFund is rallying its Twitter followers to compose their best tweets describing why children matter to mothers around the world.
From April 26-29, ChildFund’s Twitter followers are asked to “tweet out” about children and mothers. The individual who posts the most inspiring tweet (as determined by popular vote) wins a $50 shopping spree in our Gifts of Love & Hope catalog — choosing gifts to be delivered to the field in his or her honor. Plus, the winner will receive some neat ChildFund gear.
How to Enter
1) Follow ChildFund on Twitter.
(All tweeters must be followers of ChildFund so that we can communicate by direct message with finalists and the winner.)
2) Compose a tweet celebrating Mother’s Day and children. Each tweet must include the hashtag #ChildFundMom.
3) Tweet as often as you like between April 26-29, but each tweet must be original.
Think about the generations of mothers who have helped raise children who have grown up to make our world a better place. Reflect on your own children and the special place they hold in your heart. Think about the children you sponsor and the vital role of the child’s mother — from birth to childhood and through the teen years. Tweet about it!
Sample Tweets to Get You Started
- Children are the light in a mother’s eyes. #ChildFundMom
- Healthy mothers have healthier children. #ChildFundMom
- The world cannot survive if our children don’t thrive. #ChildFundMom
- A child is a mother’s treasure that we must all protect. #ChildFundMom
Start Tweeting Today
The four-day tweet-off runs until 11:59 (ET) Friday, April 29. Then, we’ll gather all of the tweets, and ask a panel of ChildFund judges to select the five most inspirational messages.
On May 4, we’ll announce the top five tweets on Twitter and Facebook and launch a two-day voting period by ChildFund Twitter followers.
To vote, simply retweet your favorite message as often you like until 5 p.m. (ET) on May 5. The tweet that receives the most retweets will be the winner. (Hint for finalists: Ask you friends to follow ChildFund and retweet your tweet.)
We will announce the winner of the popular vote on May 9, just after Mother’s Day.
All the Rules in One Easy List
- Multiple original tweets are encouraged starting April 26 and concluding at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) April 29.
- An internal panel of judges at ChildFund International selects the top-five tweets.
- On May 4 and 5, the top-five tweets will be announced at 9 a.m., noon, and 4 p.m. (ET) on ChildFund’s Twitter site, and once per day on Facebook.
- All ChildFund Twitter followers will be invited to vote on the top-five finalists by simply retweeting their favorite(s).
- The retweeting window closes at 4:59 p.m. (ET) on May 5.
- From among the finalists, the tweet receiving the highest number of retweets (as tracked by the hashtag #ChildFundMom) will be officially announced May 9 on Twitter.